Based out of Finland, Laine is a new Nordic knit and lifestyle magazine for people who "cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life." Each issue will include knit patterns by leading designers, stories from the world of wool, interviews, travel articles and seasonal recipes. Bi-annual, in English.
A few highlights from Issue 1:
- 11 knitting patterns by oodles of great designers including Joji Locatelli, Stephen West, Suvi Sumola, and Veera Välimäki
- Travel guide to Lisbon, Portugal
- Stories and interviews with Joji Locatelli, Stephen West & Helga Isager
- A visit to a local sheep farm
- Cross-stitch bracelet project
- 116 pages, printed on high-quality paper